Sunday, September 16, 2007

HW 6: Interest Statement for Semester Long Project

The social computing technologies that I'm currently interested in are e-mail, social networking services, and virtual worlds. E-mail is a simple and valuable tool I use to communicate with family and friends. Social networking services are also a good way to keep in touch with people. Whether it is people you are yet to meet, trying to meet, or have met before and are trying to find. Facebook and Myspace connect millions of people every day. Lastly virtual worlds are quite interesting because of the everchanging technology used to create computer games.
The kinds of empowerment of marginalized groups I'm most interested in finding out about are overcoming ageism, overcoming religious intolerance, and issues of refugees. The one I'm most interested in is overcoming ageism because I think that the youth are often neglected by society and have so many expectations without being offered much assistance. The two geographical areas I'll start looking at are the Middle East and the US.

No comments: